198. The Social Network

Geez, I usually don't even watch the Oscars...

But I was so impressed by TSN, that I feel compelled to share my feelings about why I think David Fincher has created a timeless film -- a biopic posing as a popcorn movie posing as a Shakesperean drama ...

I must also state that I have not yet seen The King's Speech or Black Swan.

**

There is yet another component at work here -- I think if I had seen this in the theatre, it is quite possible I would have missed this first brilliant bit of dialogue between Mark and Erica. I watched it in on DVD -- and even though I got 94% of what they said -- I immediately rewound it and listened carefully to the entire conversation.

Which is:

Mark Zuckerberg: Did you know there are more people with genius IQs living in China than there are people of any kind living in the United States?

Erica Albright: That can't possibly be true.

Mark Zuckerberg: It is.

Erica Albright: What would account for that?

Mark Zuckerberg: Well first, an awful lot of people live in China. But, here's my question: how do you distinguish yourself in a population of people who all got 1600 on their SATs?

Erica Albright: I didn't know they take SATs in China.

Mark Zuckerberg: They don't. I wasn't talking about China anymore, I was talking about me.


I hope Fincher gets the recognition that he deserves. I thought all the actors were amazing and of course, Mr. Sorkin's script is what makes this thing just absolutely FLY!

Hope you see it if you haven't...

Comments

Popular Posts